Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Ahead


 What a joy it has been to spend time with people that have been in my life but not on a real personal level. Sometimes it's easier to stay with old friendships than to try and build new ones. .
But during spring break week, I was able to spend some good quality time with  some of the girls that had taken the time to go on spring break.  I was able to reconnect with girlfriends on a much closer level. I was able to learn a lot more of what was going on in their lives. I felt a real connection.I am so very thankful for them. We had some really good talks, good times and of course great wine. The weather was beautiful, the food was good, and the time was right
I have found as women get older we start to change. You can blame it on age, menopause, children growing up and moving out, or just plain life. There is more  peace and serenity that we desire. Less stress, less drama and more relaxing, reflecting and recharging. We all work hard and save for these getaways. 
Many of us have come to enjoy camping life where men cook the food, get the bonfire started and we sit and enjoy this with our favorite adult beverage. We can visit or we can be quiet and enjoy the mood. The phones aren't ringing, there is no internet, TVs or game boxes.You communicate together, plan together and play together. .
People are busy with their everyday lives. They have stress from their jobs, their spouses and their family. So instead of focusing on the negative, focus on the positive.
I am thankful for the friends I have, and the time we share. Because no matter what happens at the end of the day, I know they will be there for me as I will be there for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment