Friday, March 14, 2014

Plans

A thought came to me this past winter. What about a trip in the spring with my girlfriends? And because we own a timeshare about 6 hours away, I thought it would be a quick and easy getaway. So I started putting the plans together. I notified many girls in my circle. Put the thought in their minds. Then the new year came, and I revisited them for more information of who could go and when. Because we have the condo for a whole week, we could split the week among all of us. The condo sleeps 6 comfortably. When March 1st rolled around, I needed to get a status on who was coming and when. I then realize that I would have to have some sleep on a air mattress as the count went up. So I asked those  who are self employed if they would mind coming at the end of week. But if that didn't work, it wasn't a big deal, I stated. I know the others work for a company with other employees so there is more to arrange.  Next thing you know, 2 people had backed and  2 others couldn't make it because of work schedules. Well it looks like all the hard work and effort to make this a great spring break has left some disappointed  and upset. It looks like there will be a lot less of us. But that will be fine also. It gives us a chance to really do what we want without conflict.
So, I reflect on the plans  put together and have learned a lot. I caused myself a lot of stress and work that I didn't need in order to do something nice for my friends. The lesson I learned in this is a good one. And I won't be doing that again.
When I tell someone I will do something, I do it. Unless an emergency arises. I don't change my plans if better plans are offered. Even in my business,  I plan ahead and I don't reschedule my appointments with my clients unless absolutely necessary.

I look forward to the plans I made for Spring Break. I know we will enjoy the warmer weather, the tourist attractions which will include wineries and the relaxation at the end of the day. This week I have worked every night in order to take a week off. This also meant I was gone from my husband. He will be on spring break next week at home, at his job and with the dogs while his wife is away. Then I come back to another full week of business.  In closing I will just say that I am very grateful and thankful that I have the life I do!!!
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment