Saturday, March 8, 2014

Life


I got a call from my son the other day. He was complaining because he didn't have enough money in his bank account and he had plans for the night. Actually he had a date. Keep in mind, that my son is 23 years old and lives in Portland, Oregon. He stated that he should have more money and that he was getting tired of being broke. I asked him what I could do about it. He then continued to rant and vent about how I wouldn't understand, that we have money etc.  Really? You think we have always had a new house, nice cars with gas in the tanks and food the frig? He doesn't know about the first Valentines day as a married couple and how both vehicles wouldn't start. How we had to pull one vehicle 30+ miles by chain to get it fixed. By the way, that is totally illegal. He also doesn't know about the time his dad was going to college and how we rolled pennies every week in order for him to have gas money. Then lets talk about the times before we were married and how I used my "tip" money from beauty school to put gas in my car. How I went to school 40+ hours a week and also worked at Target. I missed my own bridal shower because I chose work instead. What about as a kid, when our phone was disconnected.



 Or how I had to heat water on the camp stove outside in order to take a bath or do dishes. How about how I went to highschool, all the activities, and also cleaned the church, mow church yard and clean houses, plus babysat. Then in the summer I walked beans in the morning and night.  Growing up without a father. I could go on and on. But guess what? I am hereand a strong person because of it. One of the things I learned from it is that all things are possible if you put your mind to it. I could of let those things break me but I didn't. We all struggle. Each and everyday. Maybe it's a physical challange. Maybe it's a mental one. Or financial.  Or maybe it's just LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment